Search This Blog

Friday, January 2, 2015

2015: What Are You Planning?


  Wow, what an amazing year we have had. Now that 2014 has come to a close and we have said our goodbyes, I want to not only celebrate the ending of a year, but the beginning of a new one. Many things have happened throughout this year, wonderful lessons were learned and I began to see the world in a new way. Of course, the blog came into play along with my YouTube channel and I have finally come to a realization. To sum it up in the best way possible I would invite you to read this quote which I have recently come to swear by:
If you can't be happy where you are, with what you have, you never will.
I find this quote has so many different meanings and layers of feelings that ultimately lead to one universal truth. The only way to truly be happy is to accept everything you are and love yourself. The world can be everything you want it to be as long as you make it so. And with that I will launch into the post.

  On New Years Eve many people set goals or resolutions to help them achieve and pursue new things and better their new lives in the new year. While I believe that you can be the own change in your life and a new year doesn't represent the only time for change, setting goals can be a healthy way of growing as a person and if a new year is what you need, then I hope you start off your clean slate with happiness. Below are a three ideas that will help you have the best year possible, I hope you enjoy.

#1 Treat Yourself with Respect


  Every year the most common goal I have found that people set are: to get fit, to lose weight, and to eat healthier. For me, I have found that diets or strict workout schedules often do not provide the results I hope for and leave me feeling like a failure. I think many other people may experience that same feeling as well. So, instead of focusing on weight or muscle mass I often prefer to think of it like this. If you treat your body with respect your body will reciprocate. By eating healthy foods and being active your body will receive it's energy that it needs to replenish itself and you will feel absolutely wonderful. So, instead of reaching for the sweets, try eating a banana or some grapes. If that is too much of a transition for you, eat a piece of a chocolate instead of your usual bar of chocolate. Instead of taking the elevator, take the stairs. Little changes like these will add up to big changes in how your body performs. Remember, everyone is different, what works for someone else may not work for you so really try and identify what you and your body need to be happy and healthy.

#2 A Healthy Mind is the Best Medicine



  As I mentioned in the introduction of this post the way you see life directly affects how you perform your daily tasks. My best advice for those of you who are struggling with happiness or just having a bad day is to think positively. Positivity can often be seen as annoying or unrealistic but the truth is that if you think negative thoughts you will have negative experiences. Learning to enjoy the little things and maintaining a constructive attitude can sometimes seem impossible but ultimately; you are the creator of your own happiness and the way you think will dramatically affect your life. So, when you are feeling down do something you enjoy. I like to paint my nails or clean my room (I always feel a bit better when things look organized). You may try going on a walk or visiting with friends. Keeping a diary is another way to write down what you are feeling so you don't feel like you are going to boil over. Also, a good cry will leave you feeling better afterwards. Never hold one in. Ultimately I'd like you to remember that nothing lasts forever and tomorrow is always a new day. Be yourself and stay positive, you'd be surprised what can happen with a healthy attitude.

#3  Experience Life in it's Fullest



  Whether you stay in bed all day or can never find time to do the things you want it's about time to take a stand. Experiencing the world is a big part of life and without a little adventure life can seem to be a bit mundane and repetitive. The best way to get out and enjoy new things is to travel. Whether it's just a day road trip or a ticket around the world getting out of the house is always a great way to try new things. It doesn't have to be expensive either. A tank of gas and some snacks and you are ready to go. Ask some friends to join you or take a day away to really focus on yourself. Live for today, do more of what you want, see things you want to see, and you'll find your life to be a much improved one.

  With all of that said and done I hope you have a lovely New Year and we can't wait for y'all to see our upcoming posts. Together we can make 2015 the best year of our lives!

                            - M
Feeling: Inspired

No comments:

Post a Comment