Search This Blog

Monday, October 13, 2014

LUSH: What's all the buzz about?

Okay, so you've read the title and I know what you're thinking,
LUSH?! UGH WHAT IS IT WITH THIS COMPANY???
Well, hold on a sec and we'll tell you.
  Ever since forever any beauty guru I have come across whether on YouTube or blogs or Tumblr have all talked about this magnificent glorious store called Lush. Basically it's a cruelty free cosmetics store that provides only the most high quality products to support all elements of beauty. To quote the extremely nice sales lady who gave me the history of Lush when I told her I was writing a blog post, "It's set up like a farmers market or deli, because our products our made of natural ingredients so pure that you could eat them." That's right folks, no toxins in their products. Not only is that super good news but I was pleased to find out they cater to vegans as well (myself being one). In addition, each and every product had a biography of the person who made it, when it was made, when it expires, and all the ingredients listed on the packaging. Convenient is to say the least. 
Adorable bags
  After walking in and smelling that enticing smell, I have to say I got a bit caught up in the action. I mean, not only were their products adorable, but their store was decorated perfectly and everything organized by use. First- There were bar soaps. Made into art. That smelled delightful. Then, there was a table full of seasonal SPARKLY pumpkin bath bombs. How could I resist??

Preeeeettttyyyyyy



Next was another table full of bath bombs that they make and sell regularly. Not as pretty, but most of them smelled like bubble gum and that is good enough in my book (not so much for Emma)
  Proceeding with the journey we stumbled across their lip products which were incredibly moisturizing and actually SUPER pigmented! WHO NEEDS LIPSTICK WHEN YOU HAVE ALL NATURALLY GORGEOUSLY COLORED LIP BALM???? Not me.
  Ah, and then came the bar of bath bombs. Loaded on both sides they had all shapes, sizes, colors, and glitters. Yeah, that's right, glitters. Now if you are like me- extremely lazy, you wouldn't want to take a glitter bath. Glitter would get EVERYWHERE and let's be real, I'm not gonna spend the time to clean it up. But, once again the super helpful sales lady came to the rescue and told me that the glitter was made out of materials similar to what you would find in rock mines underground. No plastic here. Perfect for making you feel like a princess with a surprisingly easy clean up, Who knew?

  By now if you can't tell I was completely bought in. Everything everyone had been raving about all made sense, the last push over the edge that I needed was a to test out these fabulous products! Well of course the super helpful lady clerk took care of that. She sat Emma and me down and let us test out tons of products. All of them left my skin soft, sparkly, and glowing. Not to mention they smelled fabulous. One thing about Lush's signature scents are that they are completely top secret. Only 3 people in the world have access to the recipes they use for the scents, and even then as soon as they make a batch they burn the recipe. This is part of the reason Lush's scents are so original. Below are pictures of massage bars and skin masks that the sales lady used on us. But nothing pushed Emma over the ledge until she ran into....


  This lovely product:

Small pot of heaven^














  When applied to the skin it melts like a miraculous potion oozing into the pores and deeply moisturizing. It's cheaper than anything B&BW sells and with this quality there is no way I'm ever using another moisturizer again. And let's also take a minute to recognize that this product is called the charity pot. Each package has a label on it with a different charity. When you buy a pot you can read the lids to see who the profits go too- 100%. That's right other than taxes Lush makes no money on this product, it simply gets donated to the charity that you choose from the ones on the lid. Wow. That's all I can think to say. Emma bought one in a heartbeat and we will definitely be back for more.

  While being pampered I took time to look around the store and appreciate it's inspiring decor. Here's some of what I saw, just in case you were wondering.


Andddd afterwards Emma's arms were golden like the goddess model she is- this picture in no way does the product justice.

The shimmer is their 'Shimmy Shimmy Massage Bar'
  Now finally, after this one big giant experience that literally, I'm not even kidding, had us in the store for over two hours we did what any good customer would do- BOUGHT EVERYTHING IN SIGHT (on a teenager's budget of $30 of course)

  First thing's first, the bath bombs. (links to the products are below the pictures in case you were wanting to check them out)
Sparkler
  Now, I actually tried this one out. Basically you either break and throw part of the bomb into the bath or swirl it around in the water like I did. The yellow melts into bubbles and in the center is a surprise- golden glitter that shoots out when it comes in contact with water! Honestly it was really pretty to watch and didn't leave a mess in my tub. (P.S. smells like lemon...yummmm)
The Sex Bomb
  Ignoring the name, this product is supposedly amazing. As I was told by a different saleswoman, "It turns the bath the most gorgeous Barbie pink and makes me feel like a princess." Sounds like a bit of an exaggeration to me, but hey, I wouldn't mind being royalty for a day. Also, the rose in the middle in something special. When you drop the bomb in the bath the outside dissolves leaving the rose which is supposed to float around in the water until - get this- it blooms . GUYS, THEY MAKE SOAP ROSES THAT CAN BLOOM! Then it dissolves with the rest of the bath. But c'mon. Still pretty freakin' awesome. 
The Sparkly Pumpkin
  I honestly cannot wait to try this out. I imagine getting out of the tub with shinning skin like those models you see on T.V. Don't you? ...but, sadly, the pumpkin is one of Emma's :'(

 Well, that's all for this week's post! I'm sorry we got it up a little late. Emma and I spent all day at the store asking questions and picking the products that we thought you guys would want to see the most. But, if there is anything to be learned from this experience is that Lush totally lives up to the buzz.

-M♥
Feeling: Sparkly like a goddess.


No comments:

Post a Comment